1)NSS Inauguration and Orientation programme was conducted for 2017-18 batch on 3/07/17. Former NSS Programme Officer Mrs.Mangayarkarasi was the chief guest for the programme. She inspired the NSS volunteers by explaining how life is precious and how we are different from other people that we spend our precious time for the welfare of the society. She also explained all the activities of NSS. She encouraged the volunteers to take oath to serve at least one hour per day for the welfare of the people.
1.1)SDNBVaishnav College Union organised Personality Enrichment and Volunteers Recruiting Programme with U&I Organisation (Bangalore based NGO) on 05/07/17. 200 NSS volunteers participated in the programme. The Moto of the programme was to provide quality education to the under privileged children. It was an enlightening session for our students. Nearly 50 students registered their names to join U&I organisation to help the needy.
2) NSS Volunteers of our college took oath on Swachhpakhwada - clean India on 20/08/17.
3) 25 NSS Volunteers of our college Participated in SwachhPakhwada Programme organised by Sourthern Railways on 20/8/17 at Chromepet Railway Station.
4) 50 NSS Volunteers of our college Participated in SwachhPakhwada-Campus Cleaning on 21/08/17
5) 65 NSS volunteers of our College received certificates for participating in Eye Donation Awareness Rally organized bySamkaraNethralaya on 08/09/17.
6) NSS Cell and Rotaract club of our college along with THE LANDSTEINER LAKSHMI MEMORIAL RESEARCH FOUNDATION PUBLIC CHARITABLE TRUST BLOOD BANK , AMINJIKARAI conducted Blood donation camp on 15/9/2017 in the college campus. Dr. V. Varalakshmi, the Principal of our college inaugurated the camp and students voluntarily donated blood for a noble cause. More than 100 students participated and donated blood in the camp.
7) YRCunit of our college has organised one day awareness programme on the theme environment rights and issues on 14/12/17. The objective of the programme was to sensitise the NSS volunteers and to raise awareness about the significance of a healthy environment and to solve various environmental issues by implementing some actions to protect nature and Earth, leading to a positive and healthy environment for all. The session was handled by Miss.DhivyaSriram, Mr.Ranjith and Mr.Shiva, volunteers of Bhumi organisation. The session had insights to help small children to develop their talents and to clean the environment. 400 NSS volunteers participated in this one day workshop.
8) RRCunit of our college has organised one day awareness programme on the theme HIV and AIDS on 15/12/17. The objective of the programme was to sensitise the NSS volunteers and to raise awareness on HIV and AIDS and how to handle relationships effectively. The session was handled by the team head Mr.Sathish and Ms.SethuLaxmi of YRG Care. The session had insights to create awareness among young volunteers about HIV and provoke them to educate the people about HIV and AIDS. Then the volunteers were taught how to handle relationships effectively. 400 NSS volunteers participated in this one day workshop.
9) NSS unit of our college in association withTamilNadu Food Safety and Drug Administration Department conducted "Food Licensing and Registration" survey & awareness on 16th, 17th, 18th& 19th December, 2017.The objective of the survey was to give awareness to all the food item sellers about the licensing and the registration scheme of the government. Nearly 100 NSS volunteers took part in this survey & spread awareness.
9.1) RRC, University of Madras conducted District level one day Peer Educator Programme on 13/02/18 in MCC (Madras Christian College). 2 NSS Volunteers of our college attended that programme and got educated about HIV and AIDS.
9.2) University of Madras conducted One- Day Training Programme on First Aid & Disaster Management for NSS volunteers in Asan Memorial College of Arts on 21/02/18. 2 NSS Volunteers of our college attended that programme.
9.3) Cancer Institute (WIV) in association with University of Madras conducted various competitions for NSS Volunteers for the YOUTH HEALTH MELA (23th-24th Feb, 2018). On 20/02/18, 9 NSS Volunteers of college went to University of Madras to participate in various competitions. 3 of them won in the final level held on 23/02/18.
10) 27 NSS Volunteers took part in College Sports Day - Marchpast (27/02/18)
11) NSS Special Camp was conducted from 25/01/18 to 31/01/18. 100 NSS volunteers participated in the special camp.
12) NSS Special Camp and Regular activity Valedictory held on 31/01/18.